Check out these saved searches from the BGSU Catalog. If you want to get the most recent materials and weed out older ones, limit the list of results to those published after 2010. You can also sort results by year. The most recent items will be at the top of the list. To limit or sort by date, look for the LIMIT/SORT button at the top of the page:
You can also find additional materials through the OhioLINK Catalog. For more detailed information about getting materials from OhioLINK, see OhioLINK requesting.
Often, a successful search strategy uses both keyword searching and subject searching:
1) Identify your topic
2) Identify information sources
3) Do a keyword search to find materials on your topic
4) Use search strategies to narrow/broaden your results
AND – “spanish AND bilingual education” [narrows a search]
OR – heritage language speakers or spanish speakers [broadens a search]
Truncation * bilingual* retrieves bilingiual, bilingualism [broadens a search]
Phrase Search "spanish heritage speakers" [finds an exact phrase]
5) Examine the list of materials to locate one whose content seems to match your topic
6) Once you have this one item on the computer screen, look at the subject/descriptor field to determine which subject/descriptor heading matches your topic.
7) Do a new search for material on your topic. This time, try a subject search for the subject/descriptor heading that looked promising.
Read Word and Subject Searching to learn more about the different search strategies.
Use these databases to find identify articles related to teaching and learning. These are high-quality, subscription-only databases provided by the University Libraries. If you are using them off-campus, you may need to log in with your BGSU username and password to use research databases. For more information on accessing databases, click here.
You may want to search these databases, especially if your topic is interdisciplinary. These are high-quality, subscription-only databases provided by the University Libraries. If you are using them off-campus, you may need to authenticate with your BGSU username and password.