Pictured above, on the left side, is an image of the Fancies at Navesink proof sheet donated to University Libraries from the Feinberg Collection in 1962.
The majority of the Whitman collection at BGSU is from the The Robert R. Hubach Walt Whitman Collection. Dr. Hubach was a faculty member in the English Department from 1947 to 1972. His collection of 266 items was donated to the University Libraries in 1981. The collection included a variety of items, such as the first paperback edition of Leaves of Grass.*
*Bowling Green State University, "Monitor Newsletter May 05, 1986" (1986). Monitor. 822. https://scholarworks.bgsu.edu/monitor/822
The first edition of The Leaves of Grass was privately printed by Whitman in 1855. Only 795 copies were printed. Bowling Green State University purchased their first edition, first printing copy of "Leaves" in 1955. The Center for Archival Collections owns over 36 copies of the work. Notable in the collection are the first and second editions, respectively.