Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ohio State Legislators
Find Your Legislators by Zip Code
Find your legislator by zip code. You only need the first 5 digits. After identifying your legislators, click on the link to access their profile page. Their professional pages should provide the necessary background about the legislator.
Michigan State Legislators
Finding State District Information Using the Census/ACS
This resource replaces the now defunct American FactFinder. This is the U.S. Census Bureau's main vehicle for distributing U.S. census data, including economic censuses and surveys and annual population estimates. Population, housing, economic and geographic data can be found here.
- Select the Advanced Search option
- Choose the Geography filter
- Locate the geography for State Legislative District (Upper Chamber) or State Legislative District (Lower Chamber). You must know this information before proceeding.
- Choose your State
- You can choose your district on the next list, but I would recommend that you instead select All State Legislative Districts (Upper/Lower within State)
- Choose a table from the list of results or search for a table/variable (see below for popular tables)
Table Name: SELECTED SOCIAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Includes: Households by Type; Relationship; Marital Status; Fertility; Grandparents; School Enrollment; Educational Attainment; Veteran Status; Disability Status; Residence 1 Year Ago (Moved); Place Of Birth; Citizenship Status; Year of Entry; World Region of Birth of Foreign Born; Language Spoken at Home; Ancestry; Computers and Internet Use
Table Name: SELECTED ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS
- Includes: Employment Status; Commuting to Work; Occupation; Industry; Class Of Worker; Income And Benefits; Health Insurance Coverage; Poverty
Table Name: SELECTED HOUSING CHARACTERISTICS
- Includes: Housing Occupancy; Units in Structure; Year Structure Built; Rooms; Bedrooms; Housing Tenure; Year Householder Moved into Unit; Vehicles Available; House Heating Fuel; Selected Characteristics; Occupants per Room; Value; Mortgage Status; Selected Monthly Owner Costs; Gross Rent
Other Sources for Finding District Information
Legislative District Fact Sheets
The Center for Community Solutions. The Legislative District Fact Sheets highlight demographic, health, and social indicators for each of Ohio’s state Senate districts, state House districts and federal Congressional districts. The fact sheets show that issues related to health and human services touch every district in the state. The fact sheets include basic demographic information about each district, as well as district level data on employment and income, poverty, education, housing and health.