Find your legislator by zip code. You only need the first 5 digits. After identifying your legislators, click on the link to access their profile page. Their professional pages should provide the necessary background about the legislator.
PolicyMap is an online US national data and mapping tool and analytics platform for demographic and socioeconomic analysis. PolicyMap data can be presented as maps, tables, charts and pre-built reports that can be incorporated into papers, presentations, blogs and websites.
Coverage: 2000 to current
How to Create a State District Report in PolicyMap
In PolicyMap, select Reports from the top menu or click on this link
Stay on pre-defined location. Use the drop down location menu and select State District (NOT congressional district)
Choose your state. Select upper or lower house district as appropriate. Select the legislator of interest.
Click on the search Icon. This will lead you to a map with your selected district outlined. Confirm that the district appears accurate and then select the Generate Report option located above the map.
Your report should load. If you have any problems contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you begin make sure you have identified your district number(s).
1. Select Geographies filter on left.
2. Select All Geographies button
3. Use the Geographic Type drop down to locate State Legislative District Upper Chamber (610) or State Leglislative District Lower Chamber (620).
4. Select your state
5. Select a version: 2010
6. Select your district
7. Add to your selections
8. Woohoo! You've now limited your results to your district
9. Use the Topic filter to identify interesting data.
10. Click on a table and view your results.