Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ohio State Legislators
Find Your Legislators by Zip Code
Find your legislator by zip code. You only need the first 5 digits. After identifying your legislators, click on the link to access their profile page. Their professional pages should provide the necessary background about the legislator.
Michigan State Legislators
Finding State District Information Using Social Explorer
Social Explorer provides quick and easy access to modern and historical socioeconomic and demographic data, bringing together quantitative data with a visual interface to make demographic research, the analysis of social trends, and comparison of neighborhoods, communities, counties, and other areas accessible and interactive.
- Select Tables. Because the 2020 Census information is still preliminary, we will use American Community Surveys (5 year estimates).
- ACS 2016-2020 Begin Report
- Use the geography dropdown to locate either 610 State Legislative District (Upper Chamber) or 620 State Legislative District (Lower Chamber)
- Select your State
- Select your specific district and Add
- Proceed to Tables
- You can select up to 100 tables at once. Either browse through the list and choose the tables of interest or use the shift key to select many tables. You can repeat the process to select more tables later. Add
- Show Results
- Switch to the Excel Tab. Download to Excel 2007.
If you want additional information you can use the breadcrumb menu above to return to Tables. Remove your previous tables and select new ones. Repeat Excel download.
Finding State District Information Using the Census/ACS
This resource replaces the now defunct American FactFinder. This is the U.S. Census Bureau's main vehicle for distributing U.S. census data, including economic censuses and surveys and annual population estimates. Population, housing, economic and geographic data can be found here.
- Select the Advanced Search option
- Choose the Geography filter
- Locate the geography for State Legislative District (Upper Chamber) or State Legislative District (Lower Chamber). You must know this information before proceeding.
- Choose your State
- You can choose your district on the next list, but I would recommend that you instead select All State Legislative Districts (Upper/Lower within State)
- Choose a table from the list of results or search for a table/variable (see below for popular tables)
DP02: SELECTED SOCIAL CHARACTERISTICS
Households by Type; Relationship; Marital Status; Fertility; Grandparents; School Enrollment; Educational Attainment; Veteran Status; Disability Status; Residence 1 Year Ago (Moved); Place Of Birth; Citizenship Status; Year of Entry; World Region of Birth of Foreign Born; Language Spoken at Home; Ancestry; Computers and Internet Use
DP03: SELECTED ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS
Employment Status; Commuting to Work; Occupation; Industry; Class Of Worker; Income And Benefits; Health Insurance Coverage; Poverty
DP04: SELECTED HOUSING CHARACTERISTICS
Housing Occupancy; Units in Structure; Year Structure Built; Rooms; Bedrooms; Housing Tenure; Year Householder Moved into Unit; Vehicles Available; House Heating Fuel; Selected Characteristics; Occupants per Room; Value; Mortgage Status; Selected Monthly Owner Costs; Gross Rent
DP05: ACS DEMOGRAPHIC AND HOUSING ESTIMATES
Sex and age; Race; Hispanic/Latino; Citizen/voting age population
Other Sources for Finding District Information
Legislative District Fact Sheets
The Center for Community Solutions. The Legislative District Fact Sheets highlight demographic, health, and social indicators for each of Ohio’s state Senate districts, state House districts and federal Congressional districts. The fact sheets show that issues related to health and human services touch every district in the state. The fact sheets include basic demographic information about each district, as well as district level data on employment and income, poverty, education, housing and health.