Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We are here to help
This LibGuide should help you find materials for your HIST 4302: American Collective Memory project.
Basic information is included in this tab with more detailed information about materials in each collection on the other tabs.
Search the BGSU Catalog for books, music, DVDs, and more
Primary Sources @ BGSU
An abundance of primary source materials are available here at BGSU - on nearly every floor, in fact. Examples of primary source materials are listed below (follow links for details).
Since "primary source" can have different meanings for different disciplines and fields of study, any number of materials in the UL could be considered primary sources. Here are some examples listed by library/collection/floor:
- government documents - congressional hearings, reports/publications from government agencies, etc.
Curriculum Resource Center (CRC) - 2nd floor
- children's literature
- teaching aids and kits
Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives (ML/BSSA) - 3rd floor
- all kinds of sound recordings - classical, popular, spoken word
- album covers or CD covers
- sheet music
- realia (music memorabilia)
- additional collections
Browne Popular Culture Library (BPCL) - 4th floor
- popular fiction - novels, pulp magazines, nickel weeklies, story papers, vintage paperbacks, series romances, young adult fiction (i.e. Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys)
- 4 main genres collected - romance, mystery/detective, science fiction/fantasy, western/adventure
- comic books & graphic novels
- DVDs - these can be checked out
- movie posters, scripts, press kits, memorabilia
- radio and TV scripts
- TV press kits
- additional special collections and manuscript collections
Center for Archival Collections (CAC) - fifth floor