Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This LibGuide pulls together a variety of sources you may want to use if you're conducting research in the subject area of Africana Studies. This also serves as the Class Web Page and research starting point for these courses:
- AFRS 2000: Introduction to Africana Studies
- AFRS 3000: Special Topics in Africana Studies
- AFRS 4000: Africana Studies Capstone.
Getting Started at the University Libraries
- To borrow items from the libraries you need your BGSU photo ID and a current record in the library database. For more detailed information, see Borrowing, Renewing, and Requesting
- For off-campus access to the online research databases login in with your BGSU user name and password (same as for campus email, MyBGSU, and BGSU lab and library computers.)
- If the University Libraries doesn't have what you need, chances are that OhioLINK does. OhioLINK is the 80+ academic (and some public) libraries that lend their resources to one another through an online requesting system. Look for the "Request this item" button in the OhioLINK catalog. For more detailed information, see OhioLINK requesting.
- We're here to assist you! If you need help using the library, can't find what you want, have an assignment and need help getting started, Ask Us! for immediate help. Besides drop-in help, the University Libraries offer in person or virtual Individual Research Appointments for undergraduates & graduate students.