Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Image: Program and Playbills that are part of the ML/BSSA Collection
Musical scores and literature about musical theater are intermingled with operas and works on operas. These are the call number areas to search:
- M 1500: Full score of musicals
- M 1503: Piano-vocal scores of musicals
- M 1505: Excerpts from musicals (full scores)
- M 1507-8: Excerpts from musicals (piano-vocal scores)
- ML 50: Libretti / Books
- ML 410-420: Souvenir programs and Playbills
- ML 1700-1751: Literature on history and criticism of musicals and production companies
- SMC: Sheet music from older musicals
Some musical theatre recordings can be borrowed for shorter loan periods, while others can be accessed in our Listening Center on the third floor. It depends on their call number:
- MUSICCD: CDs that can be borrowed for a shorter loan period
- CD: CDs for listening in the Listening Center only
This guide was created by Heather Fischer as an independent study project in the spring of 2010.