Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Remote Access: What's Needed
Authentication for off-campus (remote) access requires:
- Your BGSU username.
- Your BGSU password.
- Internet service and a web browser capable of accepting cookies.
- A valid BSGU
record in the library's patron database. Students and classified staff
may have to revalidate their records with the Circulation Desk
each semester. Faculty and administrative staff may have to revalidate
at the end of every spring semester. For more information, call the
Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or email them at email@example.com.
Remote Access: Troubleshooting
When you have trouble connecting to the databases from off-campus, try one of the following options:
- If you get messages that indicate that your 'record is not valid' or that there is a 'problem with your record,' please call the Jerome Library Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or toll free at 1-866-LIB-BGSU.
- Use the Ask Us! link on the University Libraries homepage to connect with a librarian, using our instant messaging service.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your problem in detail. Please indicate the name of the database you are trying to access, the browser you're using and its version, any error message that you receive, and your internet service provider.
- Call the Research & Information Desk at 419-372-6943 or toll free at 1-866-LIB-BGSU during desk hours.