Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a guide to assist you with your digital gallery project, with some basic information about metadata and Omeka, the software running UL's Student Digital Gallery.
Collection or Exhibit?
What's the difference?
- where items are described in purely (mostly) objective terms
- groups of items from collections that are described with some context given to them
More Omeka Info
For more detailed information about using Omeka, see the link below for their documentation.
Things to Remember
To edit an item
- Click on Item on the left, then find the item to edit in the list or use the Search box above the list to find your items
- Fill out the pertinent metadata fields (see the Metadata tab for the core element set)
Note: not all of these fields needs to be populated
- Once metadata is completed, click Save Item on the right - do not click beside Public or Featured on the top right
- There is a collection set up already for your class, so choose that one
Contact Stefanie Hunker for Omeka issues.
Located on 4th floor of Jerome
We've got a handout on how to create or edit Omeka's collections and exhibits. Try it!
Search the Catalog for Popular Culture materials