As you select appropriate sources from your results list, consider the ABCs. Remember that anyone with internet access can publish on the web.
- Is the source of the information provided?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Can the author of the page be determined?
- Can you find their contact information?
- Is the author affiliated with an organization, or speaking on their own behalf?
- Are credentials or qualifications of the individual or organization presented?
- To what degree does the author have a stated or hidden bias or agenda?
- Does the author indicate their goal in providing the information?
- Is there a disclaimer included on the page?
- What is the focus of the information?
- What is the depth of coverage?
- Are dates included ('first posted' date or 'last updated' date)?
- Is the information current or outdated?