BGSU continues to make critical decisions to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus in the best interests of our campus community based upon state and federal guidance. Jerome Library is closed, but staff are working remotely to assist you.
· Is the source of information provided?
· Who is the intended audience?
· Remember that almost anyone can publish on the web.
· Can the author of the page be determined?
· Can you find contact information?
· Is the author affiliated with an organization, or speaking for him- or herself?
· Are credentials or qualifications of the individual or organization presented?
· Does the author have a bias or agenda? Is the bias stated, or hidden?
· Does the author indicate his or her goal in providing the information?
· Is there a disclaimer included in the page?
· Similar/related to Accuracy.
· What is the focus of the information?
· What is the depth of coverage of the information?
· Are dates included (“first posted” date, “last updated” date)?
· Is the information current or out of date?
(Some definitions and ideas courtesy of http://www.lib.lfc.edu/help/evalweb.html)