Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Summon?
Summon is a discovery tool that allows you to search most everything the University Libraries owns or has access to through one simple search box.
Returned results will include books (print and electronic), articles, videos, and more. We like to think of this as a Google search but for library materials only.
Visit our Summon LibGuide for more information about this new search tool.
Power search library resources and more!
Search Summon here:
Tips for Searching in Summon
- Summon is a great tool to use when you are first getting started on a topic.
- Type in a keyword or several keywords in the search bar and click Go
- Using the limiters on the left hand side, filter out returned results that do not meet your criteria:
- Under Refine Your Search, choose Full Text Online to get articles instead of abstracts (summaries). You may also choose to select articles that are peer-reviewed or scholarly.
- Under Content Type, determine what source(s) you'd like (Journal, Magazine, Book).
- Narrow the Publication Date to get more recent results.
- Closely examine the Subject Terms and select those that are most relevant to your needs, eliminating those that aren't relevant
Note: Summon is also available on the University Library's Home Page.