There are two library/research skills necessary for completing this assignment:
1. use the library web site to access specific articles from the reference list on your assignment
2. use a research database to find additional articles about cultural humility in social work
1. First, you may need to know the parts of an article citation (in APA style) in order to identify the journal in which the article was published.
Author's Last Name, Author's First Initial. Author's Middle Initial. (Year, Month/Date/Season). Title of article. Title of Journal/Magazine, Volume(Issue), Page(s). https://doi:xx.xxxxxxx
2. Next, begin at the BGSU Libraries home page [linked below] and select the "Journals by title" link underneath the search box.
3. Search for the title of the journal in which the article was published.
4. If BGSU has a subscription, you will see one or more options for accessing the journal. Each link for access include the dates covered.
5. Select the option that matches the day, month, and year and/or the volume and issue number in which the article was published.
6. Continue to drill down to the volume and issue number you need. When you get to the issue, your article title will be part of the list of all articles published in that issue.
1. Develop a search strategy. Select keywords with which you can search for articles about your topic. What are the main concepts that need to be included in the article?
2. Combine each concept with AND or OR
3. Select a library database likely to contain articles about social work or social workers. For this assignment, I recommend using Social Work Abstracts or SocINDEX (linked below). Alternatively, you can access these databases from the library home page. Select the "all databases" link underneath the search box and select one of these databases from the alphabetical list.
If you don't see the PDF or HTML full text of the article, use the "Find it" link on the left. One of the following scenarios may happen after clicking on "Find it"; the link will: