Collection or Exhibit?
What's the difference?
- where items are described in purely (mostly) objective terms
- groups of items from collections that are described with some context given to them
More Omeka Info
For more detailed information about using Omeka, see the link below for their documentation.
Things to Remember
- default working screen
To add an item
- Click on Item on the left, then Add an item (light green button)
- Fill out the pertinent metadata fields (see the Metadata tab for the core element set)
Note: not all of these fields needs to be populated
- Once metadata is completed, click Add Item on the right - do not click beside Public or Featured on the top right
- There will be a collection set up already for you, so choose that one for the Collection of which these items will be a part
- Click on Exhibits to find this class' exhibit, then click on ACS 6750/ENG 6750
- To add a page to an exhibit, go below the exhibit's metadata and you'll see Add Page, then click on it
- You'll see several layout options for the pages of the exhibit - many different ways to discuss the items entered into the exhibit