Teaching Children's Literature Websites
Click here for a list of challenged children's books.
juv S474w2 c.2 & c.3
Finding Picture Books
Picture books and books about choosing the best picture books are collected by the Curriculum Resource Center.
Items with call numbers beginning with:
- JUV are located in the Juvenile Literature Collection or the Book Review Center (check the location to verify where the book is shelved).
- CURR are located in the Curriculum Collection.
- CURR REF are located in the Ready Reference Collection.
- TA are located in the Teaching Aids Collection.
Keyword: type your subject, author or title here
Location: Curriculum Resource Center
Storytelling handbooks and Activity/Idea books can be found in Curriculum and Ready Reference at CURR 372.64.
Catalog Search over the materials in the CRC
Teaching Picture Books
To find books on using children's literature in the classroom, try using the following terms in the catalog:
keyword: children's literature study and teaching
More Storytelling Resources
You can use all sort of items when you are storytelling. Here are just some ideas:
- Sound Recordings
- African, Huichol Indian, & Chinese Culture Kits
- Celebration Boxes
- Musical Instruments
- Flannel Board
Making a Flannel Board. The CRC has the die cuts to help you. Click here for more information and a complete list of which dies we have.