To borrow items from the libraries, you need your BGSU photo ID and a current record in the library database. Faculty are automatically entered, but if you need immediate access, stop by the Jerome Library circulation desk and have an account created for you. Circulation staff can also be contacted by calling 419-372-2051 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For remote access to the online research databases, you need your BGSU username and password to log in, as well as a valid record in the library database (see above). The BGSU username and password is the same one used for logging in to MyBGSU, campus email, and BGSU lab and library computers.
Look for our resources under the Search & Find option on the University Libraries home page. These include the full text research databases, the e-journals, the BGSU Library, OhioLINK, and Worldcat catalogs, as well as tools like Refworks bibliographic management software and ILLiad online interlibrary loan requesting.
University Libraries has many special collections and branch libraries, many of which have special services for faculty. Find out more on the Special Collections and Libraries page.
For a quick overview of the Jerome (Main) Library, try the virtual tour or consult the first floor map.
We're here to assist you! If you need help or have questions, Ask Us! or contact your library liaison.
Welcome, or Welcome Back!
- BrowZine: Your Scholarly Journals. Now in an amazing browsable format. The University Libraries now offers BrowZine – the new iPad Application for Libraries that lets you browse, read and monitor scholarly journals right on your iPad! To get started, just search for “BrowZine” on your iPad to download the app for free and then select Bowling Green State University. BrowZine coming soon to your iPhone! Check out our BrowZine Guide.
Did you know you can request BGSU books and articles?
If BGSU owns a journal in print, you can request it via Interlibrary Loan and have it delivered electronically to your desktop.
- Find an article using one of our research databases or electronic journals.
- If the article is not available in full text, enter the citation via interlibrary loan using ILLIAD. If BGSU owns the print copy, and you're faculty or a distance education patron, you will receive a copy of the article electronically. Items not owned by BGSU will be requested via the regular interlibrary loan process.
- Request an available item through the BGSU Catalog.
- If not available, transfer your search to the OhioLINK catalog and request an available copy. You may request an item (BGSU or other OhioLINK item) be delivered to any pick up location in Ohio via an OhioLINK request. OhioLINK requests take 2-3 business days to arrive.
- If the item does not circulate via OhioLINK, submit your request via traditional interlibrary loan using ILLIAD.
Turn Around Times For ILLIAD Requests
- Books: Approximately 2 Weeks.
- Articles From BGSU: 1 Business Day
- Articles From Other Institutions: Approximately 2 Weeks.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call Interlibrary Loan at 419-372-8726.
New Books RSS Feeds
Want to keep up to date with new books and materials in the University Libraries? Check out this website to explore new materials in various locations in the Libraries and access various feeds that you can incorporate into RSS readers.