Creative Process: In General
See the following books and book chapters for more information about the creative process and convergent/divergent creativity.
Using the techniques discussed in the March 12, 2013 library instruction session, find an interview with an artist in a book OR magazine/journal in which the artist discusses his or her creative process. Use one (or both) of these tools:
When you have found an interview, hit the submit link below to send it to me. Include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Link title: type in the article title or the book title
- URL: copy and paste the permanent link to the article or the call number for the book
- Description: include these elements
- artist's name
- which resource you used to find the book or article (Summon or Art Full Text)
- the words you searched for and the limiters you used (for example, "I searched Art Full Text for "interviews" in the abstract and "mariko mori" as keywords [not using limiters])
In the First Person: Books
These books, videos and websites contain interviews with and writings by artists.
This website from the Hirshhorn Museum, Smithsonian's museum of modern and contemporary art, brings together a variety of images, videos, web sources, and more on the work of 22 important international artists.
Interviews with Artists: Magazines
Each link below will take you to a list of interviews with artists in each of the featured journals. Most will be full text, but, if not, you may be able to find the journal in print on the first floor of the Jerome Library.