Types of Standardized Tests Available in the CRC
The sample standardized tests in the CRC collections would typically be used by professionals in the appropriate fields to assess:
- Child development
- Communication disorders
List of Standardized Tests
What is Meant by Standardized/Normed
Standardized: The test is administered to an individual that is representative of defined population (the population that was used to establish the norm) and the way that the test is administered meets a defined set of standards (it is administered by someone with the appropriate skills set, under prescribed conditions).
Normed: Norm-referenced tests are designed to compare and rank test takers in relation to the norming group. Norm-referenced tests are used to determine whether the test taker performed better or worse than a hypothetical average person within the norming group.
Standardized Test Checkout Procedure
Standardized Tests may be borrowed by students whose professor has assigned them a proxy and by the professors teaching assessment classes.
- Lending period: 3 days, non-renewable
- Only one test may be borrowed at a time
- Fines accrue hourly
- BGSU ID AND valid credentials or proxy on file required for checkout
- Check contents: both when checking out and returning
- Check out and return to the CRC desk
- The test is not to be administered
- Forms in the testing materials are not to be used
- Nothing in the testing materials may be photocopied