Call Number Ranges for Music Business/Music Trade
|ML 3790-3792||Music Trade|
|ML 3795||Music as a profession, Vocational Guides|
Finding Books in the BGSU Libraries Catalog
When looking for books in the BGSU Libraries Catalog, use the following subject terms:
Music -- Vocational Guidance
Music -- Economic Aspects
Or, try the following terms as a keyword search:
Finding Magazine Articles: Print and Online Periodical Indexes
- Business Source Complete. 1886-present.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic.
- Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature. 1900-1985. (Located in first-floor reference index area)
- Academic Search Complete. 1984-present.
- Humanities Index. 1974-1984. (Located in the first-floor reference index area)
- Humanities International Complete. 1984-present
- Newspaper Source.
- The Music Index. 1973-present. Print copies are located in the Music Library and date from 1949-present.
Suggested Periodicals in the Music Library
R&R (Radio & Records): The Industry's Newspaper. 1985-present
International Musician. Incomplete 1948-1972, 1974-present
Gig Magazine. 1999-present
- Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI): a non-profit music preforming rights organization, representing songwriters and music publishers.
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP): a non-profit music performing rights organization, representing songwriters and music publishers.
- The Music and Audio Connection: a resource for music enthusiasts, musicians, music and audio professionals ranging from record companies, music education programs, music associations and much more.
- Rolling Stone: a web page for Rolling Stone magazine, deals with the music business and the popular music industry.
- Harry Fox Agency: a music agency established in 1927 representing composers, publishers, and songwriters worldwide.
- Music Publishers Association: the oldest music trade organization in the United States. The organization addresses issues pertaining to all areas of music publishing in contemporary and educational music.
- SESAC: the second oldest performing rights organization in the United States, representing music publishers and songwriters.
- The Recording Academy: the organization responsible for the Grammy award, representing musicians, producers, and recording professionals.
- RIAA: the trade group that represents the recording industry in the United States