There are many Internet sites about the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL). Use any Internet search engine to identify potentially useful sites. Here are just a few to get you started:
· Is the source of information provided?
· Who is the intended audience?
· Remember that almost anyone can publish on the web.
· Can the author of the page be determined?
· Can you find contact information?
· Is the author affiliated with an organization, or speaking for him- or herself?
· Are credentials or qualifications of the individual or organization presented?
· Does the author have a bias or agenda? Is the bias stated, or hidden?
· Does the author indicate his or her goal in providing the information?
· Is there a disclaimer included in the page?
· Similar/related to Accuracy.
· What is the focus of the information?
· What is the depth of coverage of the information?
· Are dates included (“first posted” date, “last updated” date)?
· Is the information current or out of date?