Skip to main content
- IRS.gov You can search assorted topics in all IRS publications or specifically in the Internal Revenue Bulletin, Internal Revenue Manual, Tax Regulations -- for example Regs 1.46-3(d)(2).
- IRS Tax Statistics This site has some interesting data compiled from tax returns filed by individuals, corporations, charities and so forth.
- Here is a screenshot of the At-a-glance screen disclosing for the most recent tax year when data was tabulated and analyzed these kinds of statistics:
- how many of a certain type of return were filed (individual, corporate, S-Corporations, etc.)
- how much money was paid by filers in each category
- the percent of people claiming standard deductions and more.
- Please note: For tax forms themselves, the main IRS link at the top of this box is the place to go.
Tax Policy Center
- Co-sponsored by The Urban Institute and Brookings Institutions.
- Information includes topics including legislation, analysis, tax tables, and more. It also includes a tax calculator that lets you see what effect proposed or new tax legislation would have on your tax obligation in future tax years.