A quick way to find e-books available to BGSU students on a specific topic is to search the BGSU Catalog. Enter your topic (e.g. motivation or leadership) in a search box and key in the word electronic in the second search box. Click on Connect or follow the link provided in each record to navigate to the e-book.
1) Click on this link for the BGSU Library catalog. It can be consulted remotely by anyone -- regardless of their status or affiliation -- as long as they have Internet access. To request materials from storage or from OhioLink member libraries, one must first prove affiliation with BGSU.
2) The vast majority of research databases to which the library subscribes can be accessed by BGSU students, faculty, and staff from any place where there is Internet access -- off campus in Bowling Green, another state where you are visiting friends or family, or even abroad when you are on a business trip. (Any library-funded database that must be accessed onsite -- e.g. Research Insight -- will have a note like this in the resource record: Currently available ONLY in the Electronic Reading Room (room 142 Jerome Library) and in the College of Business Administration second floor computer lab.)
An exception is the database with access restricted to the College of Business Administration 2nd floor Trading Room and no remote use. This is because it is not licensed for use of the general public or in any venue other than the business building.
Qualifications for remote users of library-sponsored databases:
Questions about your library account? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 419-372-2051, or stop by a Circulation Desk for assistance.
Electronic Journals: If there is no indication of html or pdf text in the article listings or through the Find-it icon inside a database, you can follow the BGSU library home page sidebar link to E-journals by title to check under the title of the magazine, journal, or newspaper that you want. If we have access to that periodical title for the date your article was published, you'll find a link to the content.
Article Delivery Service: The BGSU University Libraries has implemented an article delivery service for Faculty and Distance Education students.
Process: Identify an article using one of our research databases or other source. If your article is not available in full text (no html or pdf link), enter the citation via interlibrary loan using ILLIAD. (Visit the ILLiad FAQ page for more information about ILLiad).
· If BGSU owns the print copy, you will receive a copy of the article electronically via email within a couple of school days.
· If a different OL member library has a subscription, it will take from 2 to 10 school days.
· Items not owned by any OL member library can take several weeks to arrive.
Request Form: You will be asked to say what kind of item you are requesting (article, book, etc.). Here's an image of the initial Illiad screen. When you indicate the type of item, you''ll be sent to a form that prompts you to supply information needed for the library to retrieve it. Essential pieces of information are clearly designated on the form. Click here for a screen shot of the form for requesting text of an article.