Readings addressed in the Workshop.
- Association of Research Libraries; Center for Social Media, School of Communication, American University; and Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property, Washington College of Law, American University. Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries. Washington, D.C.: Association of Research Libraries, 2012. available for download: http://www.arl.org/bm~doc/code-of-best-practices-fair-use.pdf
- Urban, Jennifer, and David Hansen. Report on Orphan Works Challenges: For Libraries, Archives, and Other Memory Institutions. Berkeley, CA: Center for Social Media, 2013. available for download: http://www.centerforsocialmedia.org/fair-use/related-materials/documents/report-orphan-works-challenges-libraries-archives-and-other-mem
- Urban, Jennifer. How Fair Works Can Help Solve the Orphan Works Problem. Social Science Research Network, 2013. available for download: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2089526
- Urban, Jennifer, and Anthony Falzone. Demystifying Fair Use: The Gift of the Center for Social Media Statements of Best Practices. Social Science Research Network, 2010. available for download: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2004030
- Smith, Kevin L. "Copyright Risk Management: Principles and Strategies for Large-Scale Digitization Projects in Special Collections." Research Library Issues no. 279 (June 2012): 17-24. available for download at: http://publications.arl.org/rli279/17
- OCLC. "Well-intentioned Practice for Putting Digitized Collections of Unpublished Materials Online." October 2011. available for download at: http://www.oclc.org/research/news/2011/10-03a.html
- Brown, Laura Clark, Judy Ruttenberg, and Kevin L. Smith. The Triangle Research Library Network's Intellectual Property Rights Strategy for Digitization of Modern Manuscripts. Triangle Research Library Network, 2011. available for download at: http://www.trln.org/IPRights.pdf
Have questions? Let us know.
Send email questions to: email@example.com
or contact any of the Workshop organizers directly: